As the year winds to a close, I always anticipate looking through all of the wonderful (and not so wonderful) books I read over the course of the past 52 weeks. 2016 is no exception.
This year, I was able to finish 90 books – an all time high. Over the past 12 months, I read more diverse books than ever before, and learned more from literature than I could have ever imagined for myself a mere 365 days ago.
In honor of a great book year, here are the top 16 books that I read in 2016.
- Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling
- The Distance from Me to You by Marina Gessner
- The Martian by Andy Weir
- The Royal We by Heather Cocks
- The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
- Miracles from Heaven by Christy Beam
- Sounds Like Me: My Life (So Far) in Song by Sara Bareilles
- November 9 by Colleen Hoover
- The Nightingale by Kirstin Hannah
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
- A World Without You by Beth Revis
- The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
- The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines
- Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
- Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham
- At the Water’s Edge by Sara Gruen
See all of my thoughts on these books, as well as the other 74 books I read this year by checking out “My Year in Books” powered by Goodreads.
What were your favorite books of 2016?